- 2 kg chicken legs or pieces
- 3/4 cup fish sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- bunch of spring onions
- about 5cm piece of ginger
- wok ready noodles or similar
- bok choy or pak choi
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- Place the dark brown sugar in heavy based saucepan over low heat and swirl constantly until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fish sauce.
- Return to low heat and boil gently for about 3 minutes, swirling until all sugar is dissolved.
- Add thinly sliced spring onions and freshly ground pepper & combine.
- Place chicken and coat in sauce.
- Add lots of finely chopped ginger and stir to coat chicken completely.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for about an hour or until chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens of spring onion.
- Cook green vegetables in wok with some ginger and Asian sauces (oyster, hoi sin) add noodles, cook till done. Serve chicken and noodles together.