for 22cm x 33cm x 5cm dish
- almost 2 packs of Savoiardi biscuits (babapiskota)
- 6 egg yolks
- quarter cup raw sugar
- large pot of good coffee
- 4 packs of 250g mascarpone
- brandy or sherry or port – about a shot glass
- good dark Dutch cocoa
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
- Add mascarpone and here you can also add a bit of thickened cream to be sure you have enough mix thoroughly with wooden spoon – add brandy and mix through.
- Pour coffee into flat dish about 1.5 cm – dip one side of biscuits and place in serving dish coffee side down covering the bottom of the dish.
- Pour on half the cream cheese mixture – sprinkle with cocoa.
- Repeat with another layer of coffee biscuits.
- Cover with the remaining cream cheese mixture and cocoa.
- Leave in fridge for a few hours before serving.