as loved by all
- 1kg beef mince (can be mixed pork and beef)
- Sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tspn thyme
- salt & pepper
- half a head of cabbage
- 2 tspn caraway seeds
- 500 g lite sour cream
- 2 cups of long grain white rice
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Cook diced onion in sunflower oil till glassy, add paprika and mix well.
2. Add minced meat and stir until well coated and browned.
3. Mix in tomato paste, salt, pepper and marjoram, and a little water – reduce heat and cook for about 45 minutes.
4. While the mince is cooking shred the cabbage finely.
5. Put a generous amount of sunflower oil in a large fry pan and cook cabbage, stirring frequently, add caraway seeds – cook until soft.
6. Cook rice at any time.
To put together:
1. Start with a thin layer of cabbage on the bottom of a baking tray.
2. Spread half the cooked mince over the top.
3. Spread half the cooked rice on the mince.
4. Spread the rest of the mince over the rice.
5. Spread the rest of the rice on the mince.
6. Layer the rest of the cabbage on top of the rice.
7. Cover generously with sour cream and sprinkle with paprika.
Cook in oven for about half an hour.