Preheat oven to 140°C
- 6 egg whites (use yolks for custard!)
- pinch of salt
- almost full mug of castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- whipped cream
- fresh tropical fruit or fresh/frozen raspberries
- Beat egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff.
- Add sugar slowly, spoon by spoon beating well between spoonfuls – should be velvety and shiny and stiff.
- Add vanilla, malt vinegar and cornflour – beat in thoroughly.
- Shape onto a circle of baking paper on tray.
- Bake at 140°C for about an hour – turn off and leave – after about 2 hours open the door a little.
- When completely cool remove paper from the bottom and place on serving dish/bowl
- Fill with whipped cream and fruit of choice.