for 5 litre saucepan – serves 8 – 10
- 2 kg chicken pieces – legs, thighs, wings
- 2 whole onions
- 5 or 6 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 kg carrots
- 2 parsnips (white carrots)
- 2 turnips
- 2 kohlrabi (if possible)
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 whole tomatoes
- 250 g small whole mushrooms
- finely chopped flat parsley
- 500 g angel hair soup pasta
- In large saucepan cover chicken pieces with plenty of cold water.
- Add peeled whole onions, garlic, turmeric, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, with the lid on, and let simmer for about an hour – keep the lid on, leaving a little space so it doesn’t rattle.
- Prepare hard veggies into large pieces and add to soup – cook for a further hour – with lid on.
- Put water on for pasta.
- Add whole tomatoes, capsicum pieces, whole mushrooms and chopped parsley – cook for last 15-20 mins – lid back on again!
- Cook pasta. Serve chicken, veggies and soup over cooked soup pasta.