Argentinian Chicken & Olives
Jack’s Most Favourite
- 10 chicken thighs with skin and bone
- salt & pepper
- 2 large onions – sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cm butter
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 cups or more orange juice
- 4 cups green olives
- Salt & pepper the skin side of chicken and fry in hot butter and olive oil in large frying pan skin side down till brown.
- Take out and put in glass dish pour out excess oil.
- Add onions and garlic and cook till soft, mix in cumin – make it generous.
- Put chicken back in skin side up almost cover with orange juice add the olives, turn down heat, cover and cook for about an hour and a half.
Serve with rice and steamed vegetables or salad.
I started cooking this in the oven once I was doing for 10 or more people. Same as above until Step 3. and then after onions are cooked in cumin put in a baking dish and add chicken and the rest. Bake at around 180°C for about an hour or so.