- ½ kg bacon
- 600 ml cream
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 500 gm fettucini
- Chop bacon into small squares and fry in frying pan till crisp.
- Remove from pan and discard any excess fat (into a cup and later to the bin).
- Add cream to the same pan and crush through all the garlic and more if you like.
- Let come to the boil while watching and immediately turn down to a soft roll. Stir from time to time and marvel in the reducing and thickening that comes with cooking with cream.
- When the right consistency add the fried bacon and mix through.
- Turn off.
- Cook pasta.
- When ready to serve crack the egg into the sauce and mix fast with a wooden spoon – not over heat.
Serve with parmesan and a crisp green salad.