this recipe will feed about 8 people
- 2 medium onions, diced
- sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 kg mince
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tall jar passata
- 1 glass of red wine
- salt & pepper
- dried basil, oregano and bay leaves
- 500g spaghetti – or more if needed
- In a large heavy saucepan add onions and fry in oil until glassy – add paprika. Mix and cook just a little.
- Add mince and mix well over heat so mince browns well, stir in garlic.
- Add jar of passata, mix well. Add salt, pepper, generous dried basil and oregano, a few bay leaves and red wine. Mix well, turn down and stir occasionally.
- Simmer for around 45 – 60 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti.
Serve with parmesan and salad.