Greek Rice Pudding
For 5 litre saucepan
- 9 cups milk (I always use a coffee mug)
- 1 ½ cup short grain rice
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 2 cm butter
- cinnamon stick
- half a doz cloves
- 2 eggs
- Add rice, sugar and vanilla to milk and bring to an almost boil, mixing well.
- Turn down add butter, cinnamon stick and cloves, stir frequently until rice is cooked through well and starts to thicken.
- When thick turn off.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in a little of the warm rice mixture.
- Add this to the saucepan and mix thoroughly. Dust with cinnamon.