Adam Webb Pasta
A great filling meal when the budget is low!
- jar of passata or tins of diced tomatoes
- frozen mixed veggies
- garlic – chopped
- bacon or kabanosi if wanted
- basil, dried or fresh
- olive oil
- 500 gms short pasta like fusilli or farfalle
- Fry garlic in oil and add bacon or kabanosi if using – cook for a while.
- Add tomato, bring to boil and add frozen veggies, basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a while.
- Cook pasta.
- Add some cream to the sauce – maybe about half the amount of sauce.
- Let this simmer for a little more.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan – pour sauce over and mix through. Serve with parmesan.